Subject: [Leica] Urban Oasis
From: sonc.hegr at gmail.com (Sonny Carter)
Date: Tue, 2 Oct 2012 07:45:14 -0500

On Mon, Oct 1, 2012 at 9:12 PM, Herbert Kanner <kanner at acm.org> wrote:

>  I'm still trying to discipline myself to take the Leica whenever I leave
> home. Unfortunately, I'm inhibited when I think about the $7K it cost
>

>> http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/herbk1/L1002484.jpg.html
>> http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/herbk1/L1002480.jpg.html
>> http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/herbk1/L1002474.jpg.html
>> http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/herbk1/L1002473.jpg.html
>> http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/herbk1/L1002467.jpg.html

I like the walk-around.

 I don't know what to say to you about worrying about inhibitions with the
7K camera, except to say that there are very few camera thieves these day
because pawn shops just don't buy cameras much anymore.

Since there are no real camera shops in most places; (You know, stores that
sell more than two emulsions of film and have a full Used Camera counter.)
the market for stolen photo goods barely exists.

What's left to fear is pilot error including clumsiness and forgetfulness.
Insurance can mitigate these.

The main thing is to just do it!  Carry the camera all the time so it
becomes a part of you.

You NEVER know when a picture will jump out in front of you!

--
Regards,

Sonny
http://sonc.com/look/