Subject: [Leica] Wine Tasting in the Okanagan
From: cummer at netvigator.com (H&E Cummer)
Date: Wed, 3 Oct 2012 21:37:35 -0700

Hi Luggers,
On our way back from Calgary we stopped to visit friends in Kelowna and went
wine tasting at several vineyards.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Okanagan_Valley_(wine)

BC wine has come a long way from my teenage years more than 50 years ago
when "Kelowna Red" was a sure
recipe for a hangover the next day. Most of the best wine is produced in
small vineyards without sufficient
volume to be sold through the BC liquor stores so you need to go to the
tasting rooms to taste and to buy.

Here we are tasting in the Meyer's Family tasting room:

http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/Howard+Cummer/Canada2012/YCPCHCw.jpg.html

http://tinyurl.com/bq2do5k

Here is the aptly named Blue Mountain Vineyard. It was surrounded by an
electric fence and in my quest for a good picture
I inadvertently touched the fence and the trip wire. The jolt stopped my
standard heart arrhythmia on contact and did no harm to the camera,
the Fuji X Pro 1. I only saw the yellow electrified danger signs afterwards
so intent was I on the photo.

http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/Howard+Cummer/Canada2012/BluMtnVinyardW.jpg.html

http://tinyurl.com/95udvrz

And within walking distance of our friends' house is the Mission Hill winery
and vineyards - one of BC's biggest and sold
everywhere because of the large volume produced.

http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/Howard+Cummer/Canada2012/MissionHillW.jpg.html

http://tinyurl.com/d5v8djc

We carried three cases in the car back to Pender - two for immediate
drinking and one for putting down for a few years.

C&C always welcome

Howard

Replies: Reply from jhnichols at lighttube.net (Jim Nichols) ([Leica] Wine Tasting in the Okanagan)
Reply from photo at frozenlight.eu (Nathan Wajsman) ([Leica] Wine Tasting in the Okanagan)