Subject: [Leica] D800E pixel-peepers
From: john at mcmaster.co.nz (John McMaster)
Date: Sun, 14 Oct 2012 03:32:54 +0000

I have never known the term as meaning greater than 100%, there is
absolutely zero point in doing such with digital. It is just a phrase for
being able to look at shots in far greater detail than you could with film
on a lightbox with a loupe.

http://www.pixel-peeper.com/

I remember being able to see commercial 5" x 4" scans (300dpi) 1:1 on a 1600
x 1200 monitor........

john