Subject: [Leica] Leica prices then and now
From: jhnichols at lighttube.net (Jim Nichols)
Date: Sun, 14 Oct 2012 22:01:09 -0500

In 1952, I bought a 17-yr-old, freshly serviced, Leica IIIa with 50/3.5
coated Elmar and a Leitz-NY flashbulb unit for $150 US.  That $150 would
have been worth $1254 in 2011.  That is not out of the ballpark for a mid
1990s M6, without a lens.

And, as a young USAF Lieut., my pay was near the bottom of "middle class".

The camera and lens are still useable, but both really are in need of CLAs.

Jim Nichols
Tullahoma, TN USA