Subject: [Leica] THE 617 tests, something is very wrong here
From: mark at rabinergroup.com (Mark Rabiner)
Date: Thu, 18 Oct 2012 17:32:24 -0400

An inspiring set up!! Gorgeous camera. Respectable tripod.  I like how they
make dark cloths which are white on the outside now and have elastic.
Perhaps if you scanned some of your results and posted them it would be a
help.
I always focus wide open and then stopped way down. With the excepting of my
Halloween project in which I had to shoot wide open a thing I didn't think
with possible.
A Fujinon 210 lens.

http://rabinergroup.com/Catagorypages/Halloween2001.html

Are you really planning on scanning each image you make twice and stitching
them together? To me that sounds totally insane I know I'd go nuts in a week
and I do think its ill advised what's the point of shooting once pieces of
film you may as well be making two separate exposures. I would put it on a
good Epson flat bed and scan it at full rez I'm sure the results would be
excellent in a non huge print. If you even need a huge print for a gallery
wall then have them make a drum scan.

Mark William Rabiner
Photography