Subject: [Leica] Leica Store, DC
From: robertbaron1 at gmail.com (Robert Baron)
Date: Fri, 2 Nov 2012 18:18:28 -0500

==On Fri, Nov 2, 2012 at 6:04 PM, Craig Semetko <csemetko at gmail.com>
wrote:

> Hello Everybody,
>
> So I got hit by a suicidal deer Tuesday night going 80 mph on I-94 near
> Richardton, North Dakota. I am okay, though the same cannot be said for the
> deer or my vehicle. I do not recommend this experience for any number of
> reasons. The main one being it has caused me to still be in North Dakota. I
> am renting a cherry red Prius. Yes, I'm driving a cheery red Prius in North
> Dakota. Why? Because it was the cheapest car available, as no
> self-respecting North Dakotan would be caught dead in it. I'm also stuck in
> a Quality Inn at $120 a night that is worth about $50.
>
> All of this is a long winded way of saying please contribute to the
> kickstarter campaign for my America project. ANY sized pledge is helpful
> and very much appreciated. Particularly now, as I don't yet know if my
> vehicle will be totaled, and I've got to rent another car to get to
> Chicago. There are rewards starting as low as $10. Don't be shy!
>

> http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1504580642/america-e-pluribus-unum-out-of-many-one
>
> Twelve of the prints from the project are appearing in my exhibition at
> the Leica Store in Washington, D.C. Opening night is November 15th--hope to
> see you there. Heck, I hope I'M there!
>

> https://www.fotoweekdc.org/index.php?option=com_ksadvertiser&id=268&Itemid=81&task=viewad
>
> Thanks gang, take care, and don't drive at night in North Dakota in
> rutting season.
>
> Craig

I was wondering what happened.  Now I know.

It reminds of the time I hit a hog on a 2 lane between Waco and Smithville,
Texas, one night back in the sixties.  Pretty much destroyed an Impala, not
to mention the hog.

I'll be at the Leica DC store the afternoon of Saturday, Nov. 10.  If I
don't see you there at least I'll see your prints.

Hang in there, it's just another one of them there experiences.

--Bob