Subject: [Leica] Kate Kirkwood and Leica Liker
From: mark at rabinergroup.com (Mark Rabiner)
Date: Tue, 06 Nov 2012 09:35:28 -0500

Its everything about Leica she owns an M9 but her camera bag has
Nikon D60, with Nikkor 18-55 mm lens and 8 gb card
In it. And a point and shoot. Which she uses on her farm but in her street
shots she has them in other galleries on other sites and they are taken with
her M9 for sure.

Under "ABOUT"
It says:
In 2011, I got the photo bug again when my husband, O, dropped a Leica M9 in
my lap. It was a gift I could not refuse. The camera said, ?Street, shoot
the streets!? So in August 2011 I began my odyssey into the world of street
photography. It?s a passion that now fills my hard drives with an occasional
worthy image to look at.

The first picture I clicked in he flicker URL says:
http://www.flickr.com/photos/ewanglee
This photo was taken on March 11, 2012 using a Leica Camera AG M9.

That's funny I thought by the micro contrast it was taken with a nikon kit
lens.
http://500px.com/photo/7820179
On this website her first pic I see says:
Leica Camera AG M9 Digital Camera
Focal Length 35mm
Shutter Speed 1/500 sec
Aperture f/16
ISO/Film 400
Category Street

Her third website she has listed is
http://www.wanderinglulu.com/
This website was made before she launched her main website:
http://www.leicaliker.com
Perhaps it was made before she got her M9?
Regardless I'm going going to claim I can tell from a jpeg a few hundred pix
wide that it was done with Leica glass or not.
It appears she is  implying she's not going to be posting in wandering lulu
as of march as she's gone Leica.

Here is a picture of her with her Nikon Nikon.
http://www.katekirkwood.com/#/about-me

Me if I had an M9 in my closet it won't be in my closet.
It would never see my closet.
It would never even know I had a closet. I'd be out shooting with it every
day.  Id bring it to the movies I'd bring it to the bathroom. But hope to
get as soon as possible the Digital M with no number at the end of it.

So Leica Liker does not have her Leica shots in her Leica Liker site.
She has them in her flickr and her 500 Px Leica liker photos website.

She seems to like Leica as a street town camera not a chicken and cow on the
farm camera. She's too relaxed on the farm for the rangefinder. I think her
work is brilliant and its not the end of the world she doesn't use the M on
her farm. As far as I go she's off the hook.
But its a spacey organizing of pix having Nikon Nikon on the Like a Leica
site.

Mark William Rabiner