Subject: [Leica] OT: RZ67: 220 film in a 120 back?
From: red735i at verizon.net (Frank Filippone)
Date: Fri, 09 Nov 2012 21:59:27 -0800

The pressure plate pushes the film towards the front of the camera.  There,
there are some form of rails that are the stopping point for the front of
the film.... and place the film in the correct place called the film plane.

Having said that, the emulsion of the film is in the front.... and even if
the film has no backing, the front of the film is in the same plane.

Usually, there is some springiness in the pressure plate... which will press
the film against the rails, regardless of which film is there.

My understanding is based upon these facts....  paper backing has no effect
on film/film plane placement....!

There are a couple of differences that may cause issues.....

With different pressure, the film MAY flop around.  This would cause
significant film plane flatness.  However, if the camera has a springy
pressure plate, this is most likely not an issue.

The leader ( paper in front of the actual film...), I think, in a different
place....220 film I think has a longer leader.  As you start the roll, I
think the first exposure may be in the wrong place....

The 220 film is longer... ( duh).... probably requiring more winding at the
end of the roll....

I have never used a RZ.. if it has a ruby window in the back, it will leak
light and fog the film.  ( No paper to block the light).

Lastly,.... if you do not take the camera, with its 220 film, you absolutely
will NOT get the image!

Frank Filippone
Red735i at verizon.net