Subject: [Leica] Leica Monochrom in DC today
From: jon.streeter at cox.net (Jon Streeter)
Date: Thu, 15 Nov 2012 15:49:29 -0800

Oh, bless your heart, Tina.  These are wonderful.  "The Water Faucet," so
precious; and "Shepherd I and II," with the clouds catching the sun's rays,
and "San Gimignano Countryside," which reminds me of a Cartier-Bresson
landscape, are particular standouts for me, but there are so many lovely
shots.  "Kids being Kids" is an adorable childhood moment.  I wonder if
anybody's ever gotten this one on film.

Is it my imagination or your skill with Lightroom or the Monochrom that
produces such marvelous tonal gradations?  Oh, yeah, as in "Polly and
Laura."  I love the way they're bathed with light from inside the house.
Which reminds me, I've thought from looking at your work from Guatamela (?)
that you have no trouble with tricky available light.  I came upon one or
more interior shots with strong backlighting from an open doorway some years
back when I was using an M3 and a Gossen LunaPro F and occasionally the
attachment, thinking that by the time I'd taken a reading with that giant
meter, turned the wheel, studied the settings, mulled over the tricky
lighting, and set lens and shutter, the kids would be grown and moved out
before I took the photo.

Thanks for the links.