Subject: [Leica] Power Failure
From: hopsternew at gmail.com (Geoff Hopkinson)
Date: Tue, 20 Nov 2012 07:16:40 +1000

Now Howard you had blessed quiet with no electronics, candlelight and
probably the wine was still cold in your fridge....you could have been
logged onto the forums via your mobile ;-)
BTW we had a whole weekend of severe thunderstorms with hail and thousands
of lightning strikes and high winds. People lost car windshields and
windows and one or two lost part of their roof. About 60,000 I think lost
power for a while. We were OK except it took out our awnings and garden
crops and worse our router power supply. There was even a 200m high
waterspout down the coast a little. I wish I was there. I'm heading for the
beach in a week or so. A market I visited about a week ago was blown to
pieces. Perfect mis-timing ;-)
I took my M9 and my Nikon out in the tail end of the last storm for
obligatory hail stone photos. Both seem to have survived the showers of
droplets.

Cheers,
Geoff
http://www.pbase.com/hoppyman