Subject: [Leica] The Best Eagle Blind in the World
From: cummer at netvigator.com (H&E Cummer)
Date: Sat, 24 Nov 2012 21:54:28 -0800

Hi Luggers,
I have been a bit quiet - doing floor renovations - but took time out to go
to the Port Browning pub for lunch on Sunday with the SPILs (Spouses of the
Pender Island Literary Society). We are the husbands of Literary Ladies who
meet to discuss their book of the month at one of their homes and so we
husbands go to the pub to join the husband who can't stay at home when the
ladies are there.
The Port Browning pub has several tall fir trees in front of the inlet and
eagles perch on the top of the trees watching for fish and surveying their
territory. So you can sip a beer, have a conversation and take pictures of
eagles all at the same time.

Here's two eagles in conversation:

http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/Howard+Cummer/Canada2012/2EaglesW.jpg.html

http://tinyurl.com/cvbxfl3

and here's two fellows in the pub deep in conversation over a beer - a two
panel pano:

http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/Howard+Cummer/Canada2012/2PanBeerBWw.jpg.html

http://tinyurl.com/c7gl4gh

Here are some of the SPils solving the world's problems (again a two panel
pano)

http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/Howard+Cummer/Canada2012/2panDaveBobBruceBWw.jpg.html

http://tinyurl.com/c6drdsq

And finally here is a close up of Dave - who was born on Pender Island and
knows the histories of most of the
original families on the island:

http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/Howard+Cummer/Canada2012/DaveCUbWw.jpg.html

http://tinyurl.com/ct4rqj8

All taken with the D800E and various Nikkor lenses. The Eagles shot with the
70 - 200 VR zoom and latest 2X extender. Shot through the pub windows.

Please look large.
C&C always welcome.

Howard

Replies: Reply from bjq1 at mac.com (Bernard Quinn) ([Leica] The Best Eagle Blind in the World)