Subject: [Leica] Leica 35 - 70 R Vario Elmar and Nikkor 24 - 70 2.8G comparo
From: cummer at netvigator.com (H&E Cummer)
Date: Sat, 1 Dec 2012 15:26:26 -0800

Hi Luggers,
It is a dark rainy misty day on Pender today and not really suitable for
lens comparos as I don't want to stand out in the rain and shot these
pictures from the door to the deck of my loft.
Hopefully Gene will have better light when he takes his pictures and those
results will be more illustrative of differences - if any.

I set the D800E on a solid tripod, locked it down, set ISO to 400, shutter
speed manual (1/100) - used live view and 23X enlargement
to check focus on both lenses the Leica R Vario Elmar and the Nikon 24 - 70
2.8 G set F stops on both lenses at f5.6. Shot RAW
developed in CS 6 as shot. Same minimum sharpening in both images:

1.
<http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/Howard+Cummer/lens+pix/_DSC2981CSw.jpg.html>
http://tinyurl.com/crj2xu3

2.
<http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/Howard+Cummer/lens+pix/_DSC2980CSw.jpg.html>
http://tinyurl.com/d2ndjtq

Doesn't prove much in my opinion - but have a look large and see what you
think.
Cheers
Howard

Replies: Reply from leica_r8 at hotmail.com (Aram Langhans) ([Leica] Leica 35 - 70 R Vario Elmar and Nikkor 24 - 70 2.8G comparo)