Subject: [Leica] Fuji X 100 versus Leica M9…bokeh
From: steve.barbour at gmail.com (Steve Barbour)
Date: Wed, 28 Nov 2012 22:03:08 -0800

my spell checker changed bokeh to bolshevik,  though I am sure bokeh existed
before the word.  It however needed fast high quality lenses, that would be
routinely ! shot effectively wide open, for very narrow dof, to see the
effect that we call bokeh.....perhaps that was the key raison d'etre that
caused leica lenses to be associated with bokeh. Pioneers like our Ted
Grant, by shooting fast leica lenses wide open, were creating a new vision,
and ultimately a new word.... though they deny this being their reason or
their goal.