Subject: [Leica] Subject: Re: Fuji X 100 versus Leica M9
From: mark at rabinergroup.com (Mark Rabiner)
Date: Fri, 30 Nov 2012 02:27:23 -0500

Its a compact premium item appealing to the gentleman photographer or lady.
Is there a market for stuff like that?   Check the history of Leica.
The cheaper models which come in the next years will appeal to a broader
market. They wont cost twice as much as a 1.5 crop they'll cost at least
half that it would seem to me.
But I think in a year you'll see more people shooting with near pocket full
frame digitals than we ever did with Rollei 35's and Oly XA's.

A less fancy lens will make for a more affordable product.
And competition. And the fact that its not a first out innovation.
The cats out of the bag. Full frame in a compact camera is possible.
My D700 with a light lens weighs 3 pounds and I took a bad fall and messed
up both wrists.
A IIIF weights one.
I do feel like I'm looking at some digital IIIfs in the near future and am
happy as a clamshell about it.
Or a digital OM1.

Mark William Rabiner
Photography