Subject: [Leica] Leitaxed R lenses on Nikon
From: jon.streeter at cox.net (jon.streeter)
Date: Fri, 30 Nov 2012 22:30:06 -0800

Straight razors almost never are shave ready out of the box; they have to be
manually honed, then stropped sometimes using double-sided box strops with
two different grades of diamond-grit sharpening paste, and then stropped on
bare leather.  It would make the razors too costly if the manufacturers did
this work post production.  Could it be that something similar pertains in
lens manufacture?

Sent from my Verizon Wireless Phone