Subject: [Leica] Comparison of DMR to Nikon D800E the cheap nikon 28-80
From: richard at richardmanphoto.com (Richard Man)
Date: Sat, 1 Dec 2012 20:05:06 -0800

Mark sez:

On Sat, Dec 1, 2012 at 1:27 PM, Mark Rabiner <mark at rabinergroup.com>
wrote:

> And in that same class of money I got a 90mm f2 Summicron M at another
> juncture.
> Some even on this list have declared that a hunk of glass on front of a
> camera is just not worth that much cash. Richard of instance.
> My dream lens a 120 f4 CFI Makro Planar T* came true for me at one point.
> And a 100mm f3.5 CFi  Planar  T* both for my Hasselblads.

Are you speaking my name in vain? :-)

Actually, what I said, was that I prefer the 85/2 ZM more than the 90/2 AA.
So I sold the latter and kept the former. The weight is similar but for my
use the 85/2 balances better and I prefer the ZM close range performance.

and then I bought one of my cardinal rules of not keeping more than one
lens in too close focal length and kept the 75/1.4 lux because...

Well, if there is any lens that define Mandler, it's the 75/1.4 'lux.

--

Replies: Reply from mark at rabinergroup.com (Mark Rabiner) ([Leica] Comparison of DMR to Nikon D800E the cheap nikon 28-80)
Reply from mark at rabinergroup.com (Mark Rabiner) ([Leica] Comparison of DMR to Nikon D800E the cheap nikon 28-80)