Subject: [Leica] Cameras Real Pros Use
From: davidhhching1 at yahoo.com.sg (David Ching)
Date: Mon, 3 Dec 2012 10:22:31 +0800

Stories that rich collectors buy and just store them are true.

I know of one young chap who bought a M9, left it mostly in his handbag, got
it pretty scruffed up and offered to sell it to me last month. Less than
3000 shots were taken. I gave a lowish price. He promptly sold it to the
original shop and exchanged it for a M9-P. Even though I told him the M is
soon available. His answer?  He needed to show it together with my Rolexes.
And then "borrowed" my wrist to take a photo of his latest Rolex.
Best or worst of all, he doesn't really know how to use the M9-P. So he
whipped out his new iPhone 5, took a couple of shots and immediately emailed
it to his friends and business associates. BTW he is not even 30 years old...
So even though he doesn't really know or use his Leica, he certainly knows
the value.

Today it is not the true pros who are keeping Leica alive, it's the
'show-offs' and 'wanna-be's' and those who already have every other camera
make who forms the base of Leica supporters. Another friend of mine observed
that not too few also buy the Leicas as gifts for their superiors in the
office. Or for certain men in power. Too many Rolexes around I guess...

And the true believers and users who buy the Leica digital used or upgraded.
For the rest of us, to cough up 7+G spanking new Dollar notes for Leica
takes a lot of soul-searching and scrimping.

David Ching

H.P. Tel. no.: +84 904684321 (Vietnam)
                    : +65 92321098 (Singapore)