Subject: [Leica] Don's weekly PAW; American Football
From: jayanand at gmail.com (Jayanand Govindaraj)
Date: Tue, 4 Dec 2012 08:00:22 +0530

The violence is on the playing field instead (ice hockey, American
football, at least)?(-:

As far as crowd/spectator violence is concerned, save for soccer, it seems
to be quite rare in all other sports that I can think of. Even
India-Pakistan cricket matches ( as close to institutionalized war and
jingoism as you can get) usually have pretty well behaved crowds.

Which reminds me, as an aside to Aussie cricket fans on the list, I am
really sad to see Punter (Ricky Ponting) retire - he has given me more
pleasure watching him bat than most. Definitely one of the all time greats.
Cheers
Jayanand