Subject: [Leica] WTB: CV Skopar 28/3.5 in LTM
From: hbarche at yahoo.com (HB Arche)
Date: Fri, 7 Dec 2012 04:32:52 -0800 (PST)

Hey guys-?

I'm putting together a kit for a friend, and this lens will go with an M4-P
I got from former LUGger George Kase. This is the discontinued LTM Color
Skopar 28mm F3.5 I'm looking for; I'm expecting it will only get daytime use
and think that it won't have an intrusive footprint ?in the VF - very
important for the guy who'll be using the kit.

If anybody has one in good shape they are willing to part with, please email
me direct at hbarche at yahoo.

I'm still doing street and hanging around flickr as a friend of Elwood
Dowd's, and these days I'm shooting with an X100. I made the jump when they
put out a wide angle conversion lens that gave it a 28mm equivalent. Love
the camera and IQ in spite of some bad quirks. What were they thinking when
the designed that brilliant VF and then furnished it with framelines that
cover only 80% of the image area? and why doesn't the DOF scale bear any
relationship the reality of the smaller sensor/shorter lens?

Jim, I'll sending you a couple shortly for the yearbook if you want them.

H.