Subject: [Leica] Big thick ND filters......
From: mark at rabinergroup.com (Mark Rabiner)
Date: Sat, 08 Dec 2012 17:41:31 -0500

Simplified like crazy in digital vs. film as in the later you'd bracket like
crazy which in time exposures really adds up to a lot of time. As  in
digital we get instant feedback it makes for less stress wondering if we got
the shot or not and certainly know what to do ahead of time to get the next
one.  As far as a color shift goes that comes out so fast in post processing
its not funny. But one could play around with a few adjustments to so do in
camera so what you first see popping up looks totally good.

Here's my ten minutes time exposure off my website.
http://rabinergroup.com/ImagePages/Laterellefallspage.html
I shot this a few months after got my hasselblad which was 7/21/1979

when I shot it hand held 27 years later in 2006 on the way to NY with Elmo
the dog it didn't come close to cutting it. Got to go back with my tripod
which I just got a new head for. Now to get an L bracket.

Oh I used an 81b color warming filter to protect the lens (which needed it
with this shot) and absorb the hell out of any UV).
I also used  the now legendary Verichrome Pan film. Which is black and white
straight line film. Which I ran in Beutlers.

Mark William Rabiner
Photography