Subject: [Leica] Color vs B&W
From: imagist3 at mac.com (George Lottermoser)
Date: Mon, 10 Dec 2012 20:31:46 -0600

On Dec 10, 2012, at 6:59 PM, Tina Manley wrote:

> or

> Opinions would be grealy appreciated.

One can observe here, in the black and white, that there is detail in the
red blanket on the head of the figure on the left.
In the color version that detail is totally blown out.
This indicates to me that in the color "post processing" the reds are
significantly over saturated;
which would account for my perception of the skin tones appearing unnatural.
For this reason - the way they're processed - I prefer the black and white.

However, if the red were desaturated to return detail into the reds
I may prefer the color (or find them equally strong - depending only on use).

Regards,
George Lottermoser
george at imagist.com
http://www.imagist.com