Subject: [Leica] Color vs B&W
From: images at comporium.net (Tina Manley)
Date: Mon, 10 Dec 2012 19:59:25 -0500

PESO:

I am always torn between the two.  To me, color is such a part of the
people of Guatemala that it is almost a sacrilege to eliminate their color.
 Not so at all in Honduras or some other countries I've been to.  I took 10
times as many color photos in Guatemala as in Honduras.  In this case,
somebody on the MUG suggested this photo is more of a character study in
B&W.  I aree that it's more of a character study, but which is more true
documentation?  Is it ok to remove their color when it is so important to
them?  I really don't know.

http://www.pbase.com/tinamanley/image/147801312

or

http://www.pbase.com/tinamanley/image/147801737