Subject: [Leica] How about PAPER?
From: richard at richardmanphoto.com (Richard Man)
Date: Sun, 16 Dec 2012 13:52:53 -0800

Mark, you said this a few times, implying that just because a paper uses
"darkroom looking stuff," which I assume you meant paper that uses Baryta
layer, is either a) not paper, or b) not good.

Au contrarire, I have compared Baryta stuff with Paper Rag and other
non-matt surface such as Pearl and semi-gloss, and for fine art use, the
newer Baryta paper produce excellent prints. The point is not that it looks
or feel like darkroom stuff, but that the imaging quality by itself is very
high.

As you may know, I run a couple print exchange, from letter size to 13x19,
and the Baryta prints is as good or better than anything else.

Unless of course your like matte rag paper, but that's like choosing
between colors or B&W - each with its own strength and weakness.