Subject: [Leica] Printing Paper Question
From: mark at rabinergroup.com (Mark Rabiner)
Date: Tue, 18 Dec 2012 09:11:15 -0500

Watercolor paper wants to be free. You see it loosely mounted even without
all the corners down kind of floating. Its just a poor candidate for dry or
wet or any kind of mounting other than using the corners or mounting tape
from behind.

On 12/17/12 10:14 PM, "Bob Adler" <rgacpa at gmail.com> wrote:

> Thanks all. I'm trying to do a non-traditional mount for my images;
> pressing them onto gator board. If I go the usual route of a satin
> laminate, it basically doesn't matter what kind of paper I use as the
> laminate basically rules relative to texture.
>
> I was thinking of printing on watercolor paper (see my original post) which
> has a very subtle texture to it that is lovely. So to protect the print,
> rather than laminating it, spraying was recommended. This would be done by
> a friend who is a master printer and has the proper facilities and
> experience.
>
> I just don't want to use a matted presentation: the space is small and the
> matte reduces the image size too much for my taste.
>
> More input would truly be appreciated. Thanks,
> Bob
>
> On Mon, Dec 17, 2012 at 9:25 AM, Bill Pearce <billcpearce at cox.net>
> wrote:
>
>> I have used sprays, and I think it's not the spray, it's the application.
>> You have to be in a dust free place with a big exhaust fan sucking god
>> know
>> what in, and you have to have some experience spraying. And, my experience
>> is with lacquers, and I suspect that today's sprays are water based which
>> are harder to spray than solvent base. So, if you can spray your own car,
>> you're probably good.
>>
>> -----Original Message----- From: Mark Kronquist
>> Sent: Sunday, December 16, 2012 11:39 PM
>> To: Leica Users Group
>> Subject: Re: [Leica] Printing Paper Question
>>

>> Ditto Mark R   icky icky icky things
>> On Dec 16, 2012, at 5:39 PM, Mark Rabiner wrote:
>>
>>  My experience with sprays  going back to 1964 is they are unpredictable
>>> and
>>> unnecessary. Disastrous. The single last thing I would ever do to any of
>>> my