Subject: [Leica] IMG: The Ageless DC-3
From: von-ohlen at sbcglobal.net (Bill Larsen)
Date: Sat, 29 Dec 2012 15:09:19 -0800

Those make a really great series.  The only time I was on a DC3 was when
the US Army in January 1966 when the Army was kind enough to send me
from California to Fort Polk, LA.  Commercial jet to Texas, then the old
Trans-Texas Airline from Texas to Alexandria.  Wow. What an experience.
First, I never knew you had to walk uphill to get to your seat.  Then
the pilot and crew came on board.  They seemed very old to me at the
time.  Next, the flight took about 2.5 hours in the meantime they had
dived the airplane through a hole in the overcast and all you could see
was blue water.  And the landing was very interesting when we dropped
rapidly and were within five or six feet of the top of the pine trees
around the runway.  Sometimes you realize that you have no control over
your life and just go with it.  Nice series, though.

  I wish I could remember the name of the former LUG member that was
creating civil aviation photos that were made into billboards using an R
camera and R lenses.

With regards, Bill Larsen

On 12/27/2012 3:53 PM, James R. Nelon wrote:
> James,
>
> Back in 1996 I bartered a day trip from Barcelona, Venezuela to Canaima
> (Angel Falls) in exchange for photos of the airline's DC-3 and crew. It's
> still up at:  http://centercomp.com/dc3/550.html
> It's part of the DC-3 Aviation Museum collection out of Corvallis, OR.

Replies: Reply from JNelon at NelonAssociates.com (James R. Nelon) ([Leica] IMG: The Ageless DC-3)
Reply from robertbaron1 at gmail.com (Robert Baron) ([Leica] IMG: The Ageless DC-3)
Message from JNelon at NelonAssociates.com (James R. Nelon) ([Leica] IMG: The Ageless DC-3)