Subject: [Leica] IMG: The Ageless DC-3
From: robertbaron1 at gmail.com (Robert Baron)
Date: Sat, 29 Dec 2012 19:14:46 -0600

==On Sat, Dec 29, 2012 at 5:09 PM, Bill Larsen <von-ohlen at
sbcglobal.net>wrote:

> Those make a really great series.  The only time I was on a DC3 was when
> the US Army in January 1966 when the Army was kind enough to send me from
> California to Fort Polk, LA.  Commercial jet to Texas, then the old
> Trans-Texas Airline from Texas to Alexandria.  Wow. What an experience.
>  First, I never knew you had to walk uphill to get to your seat.  Then the
> pilot and crew came on board.  They seemed very old to me at the time.
>  Next, the flight took about 2.5 hours in the meantime they had dived the
> airplane through a hole in the overcast and all you could see was blue
> water.  And the landing was very interesting when we dropped rapidly and
> were within five or six feet of the top of the pine trees around the
> runway.  Sometimes you realize that you have no control over your life and
> just go with it.  Nice series, though.

Trans Texas Airline...a/k/a Tree Top Airways.  I remember getting on one of
their planes and being greeted by a flight attendant with her arm in a
cast.....and the seat rows were identified by hand writing with magic
marker on masking tape....

Those were the days, alrighty.

--Bob

Message from JNelon at NelonAssociates.com (James R. Nelon) ([Leica] IMG: The Ageless DC-3)
Message from von-ohlen at sbcglobal.net (Bill Larsen) ([Leica] IMG: The Ageless DC-3)