Subject: [Leica] Ipad_Pages
From: drleonpomeroy at verizon.net (Leon Pomeroy )
Date: Sat, 29 Dec 2012 23:14:55 -0500

How we chase technology, all at once, and for good reasons. Apple profits! I
use pages. I download  templates to pages. I fill them in with data visiting
patients. I later synch Ipad to PC or MAC later and transfer data. Don't use
pages as word processor. Question: how might one encrypt this procedure?
(i.e., software?). I don't use pages as word processor. Dr. Leon Pomeroy,
Northern Virginia, USA

Re:

Alice has bought herself an Ipad, presumably for the job, and would

like to know which word-processor experienced users here would

recommend and why.

Amiti?s de Metz

Philippe

None, because an Ipad is not the ideal gizmo for word processing, but if

you must have one, Pages. Cheers

Jayanand

Pages, Apple's equivalent of Word, fully compatible with the latter. It is
the same as on the Mac. The iPad version costs something like 8 Euro. Same
for Numbers, BTW, Apple's spreadsheet application, and Keynote, its
Powerpoint. I port .doc files created in either Word or Pages between my
home Mac, my iPad and my work Windows computer all the time without any
problems.

Cheers, Nathan

Pages lets you do some light layout

plays well with other apple apps (numbers, iphoto) to bring in other
elements with ease

natural icloud integration

reads and exports several formats

she may want to add bluetooth keyboard for lots of typing--take a bit to get
used to keyboard and "mousing" directly on screen

ric

Thanks Jayanand

Girls will be girls ;-)

Her main concern was weight, she says, and being fed up carrying her

office laptop with short battery life on her errands.

Remember I had written "presumably" ...

Well, anyway, that's 3 for Pages :-)

Thanks again

Amiti?s

Philippe

Thank you Nathan and Ric, pages seems to do the trick and she's

already trying to download it.

Ric, thanks for the keyboard tip. In fact, she also bought an

ultrathin bluetooth logitech keyboard that can be used as a cover :-)

And I am stunned by the voice recognition device which looks

excellen,t even with the dramatically complex French grammar ...

Thanks again.

Amiti?s

Philippe

Replies: Reply from rgacpa at gmail.com (Bob Adler) ([Leica] Ipad_Pages)