Subject: [Leica] a "pro-hobbyist" evaluates an M9 . . . ICK
From: mark at rabinergroup.com (Mark Rabiner)
Date: Tue, 01 Jan 2013 00:23:46 -0500

Medium format to me for such stuff means you're on a tripod. And you can use
any shudder speed you want and any f stop you want. I'm rather fond of f16.
I like a half second a lot more than a full second because of non
reciprocity failure.  But I've even used f22 in a pinch or worse. I recall
my 150 Sonar went down to f32. The pix looked ok to me. I often make 16x20's
of them. I tended to use Pan F or panatomic X. I locked the mirror up used a
cable release. Sometimes I shot Polaroid's first.
In other words rather standard technique.

You really cant do hand held snap shots with medium format of landscape
which compete with the stuff you're used to seeing. Unless you're used to
seeing limited depth of field wide open shots and I don't know where you'd
see that.