Subject: [Leica] Chicken Air
From: jhnichols at lighttube.net (Jim Nichols)
Date: Tue, 1 Jan 2013 21:02:36 -0600

Hi Howard,

Interesting shot.  From what I have read, a bird strike of that size could
make a real mess at cruising airspeeds, often coming through the windscreen
and causing a bloody mess.  At landing speeds, probably a lot less damage.
With a metal prop, it might not break the prop, but could have enough torque
to break an engine mount.  If it struck further out on a wing, it could
damage the leading edge skin on the wing.

In any event, it would probably land safely, but end up in the maintenance
shop.

Jim Nichols
Tullahoma, TN USA