Subject: [Leica] IMG: The Boys in the Band - JAYANAND
From: gerry.walden at me.com (Gerry Walden)
Date: Sun, 06 Jan 2013 21:12:14 +0000

Steve

I don't know whether this question was aimed at me or Jayanand. I must
confess that I have never noticed the 'smearing' that Jayanand and others
have referred to, so I cannot supply an image to which it applies. As for
the three processed images posted, I think I would be quite happy with any
of them, but for ease of usage and for other library-related functions, my
preference would be with Lightroom.

Gerry

Gerry Walden
+44 (0)23 8046 3076 or
+44 (0)797 287 7932
www.gwpics.com

On 6 Jan 2013, at 17:32, Steve Barbour <steve.barbour at gmail.com> wrote:

> On Jan 6, 2013, at 12:35 AM, Gerry Walden <gerry.walden at me.com> wrote:
>
>> Jayanand
>>
>> I have now posted the bicycle image processed again as I would normally
>> in Lightroom. I think I prefer the LR version and cannot see any
>> smearing. Please tell me if you do, and where.
>

> do you have a photo where you see smearing under older conditions, now
> processed by the new?
>

> Steve
>

>> Thanks!
>>
>> Gerry
>>
>> Gerry Walden
>> +44 (0)23 8046 3076 or
>> +44 (0)797 287 7932
>> www.gwpics.com
>>
>> On 6 Jan 2013, at 08:12, Jayanand Govindaraj <jayanand at gmail.com>
>> wrote:
>>
>>> Gerry, to my eyes it looks better than ACR - no smearing on high contrast
>>> edges.
>>> Cheers