Subject: [Leica] OT: Smartphone apps...
From: red735i at verizon.net (Frank Filippone)
Date: Mon, 07 Jan 2013 06:56:41 -0800

I too would like this capability.  I find 2 different issues.... Display SW
and HDD capacity.

Seagate has a HDD with a built in WIFI or Bluetooth connectivity.  It is
meant to expand the capacity of an IPad or IPhone or other.  Sells for about
$100...

I think extra "IPad" capacity is part of the solution.

The continuing issue is display SW.....still.

Frank Filippone
Red735i at verizon.net

What I want to be able to do is:

1. Plug the SD card into a dongle like Apple's camera connection kit,
attached to an iPad or iPhone.
2. Use an application to view and do very simple editing of the set of DNG
files on the cards -- a "favourite" bit and the ability to delete images
would suffice.

Effectively, using the iPad as a replacement for the LCD on the back of the
camera.

Last I checked, this wasn't possible without transferring all the pictures
on to the device and into iPhoto, which I'm not really interested in doing,
and iPhoto couldn't show more than the low-res preview in a DNG file anyway.
If anyone else has managed to make this work, I'd love to hear about it. :)

jv