Subject: [Leica] Epson R2880 problem
From: geordiepete211 at yahoo.co.uk (Peter Cheyne)
Date: Thu, 10 Jan 2013 02:36:46 +0000 (GMT)

John, Jay,

I think the size of the R3880 swayed me in favour of the R2880.

Ric,

I'm deciding to stay with photo black cartridges because I have a pack of
A3+ semi-gloss paper and have made plenty of prints with that paper already.
Going with matte, as you have, has the advantage that when you want to print
a text document on plain paper, you don't have to switch inks.

Apart from the stunning photo print quality, what a pain Epson printers have
been in the 6 years or so that I've had an R2220 and an R2880. I got so
fedup with the Mac-driver-Epson problem that I gave the R2220 to a friend.
Now it works perfectly fine for him! (I forked out for the R2880 though, so
it was a costly, demonstrative tantrum for me, to Epson's gain). Sometimes
it seems to take getting angry with it, then it goes on its best behaviour
again!

Peter

Replies: Reply from jayanand at gmail.com (Jayanand Govindaraj) ([Leica] Epson R2880 problem)
Reply from ricc at embarqmail.com (Ric Carter) ([Leica] Epson R2880 problem)