Subject: [Leica] My first photo of 2013 - Redneck Santa
From: wildlightphoto at earthlink.net (Doug Herr)
Date: Sun, 13 Jan 2013 07:58:22 -0800 (GMT-08:00)

Nathan Wajsman wrote:

Doug, you sound like someone who really NEEDS the truck. But the majority of
pickups and SUVs never leave the city, never venture on unpaved roads and
never carry any load along the lines you describe. There is a reason why
SUVs are known as "Chelsea tractors".
<<<

I also use the truck at times for other purposes, rather than purchasing
(insuring, storing, maintaining) an additional vehicle with lower fuel
consumption.  I don't judge others' use of their larger vehicles when I
don't see them hauling a load.

Sometimes my truck is on the road without a load, but since I use public
transportation for my commute the truck's annual use is much less than the
average car is used.  The truck's annual fuel use is about the same as
SWMBO's 50 MPG car.

Doug Herr
Birdman of Sacramento
http://www.wildlightphoto.com