Subject: [Leica] Turnley Workshop
From: tedgrant at shaw.ca (tedgrant at shaw.ca)
Date: Sun, 13 Jan 2013 15:24:34 -0800

Hi Leo
Gee if you had of attended one of the Leica International Workshop Seminars
on Cape Cod with Tina and myself.  I bet we'd have saved you a ton of money
and taught you exactly the identical information you received from Peter.
Quite frankly with tougher photo challenges covering the Cape Cod area towns
and villages!  "PARIS as a subject?"  Man it's a piece of cake to shoot
there!  You can almost close yer eyes, put the camera on auto, squeeze down
on the shutter release and do a pirouette and you'll have something magical
in every frame! :-)

Cape Cod area? Now that's where you sort out the real photographers from the
wanna be's!

Actually if you've been paying attention to many of my "Photo explanations
on the LUG?" I've very nearly explained and repeated Peter's many simple
things on many occasions over the past 10 years or so..

Your description of Peter's presentations sounded exactly what I taught for
Leica on Cape Cod for 16 years, at Yale on a few occasions and other
Canadian universities for a decade or so between assignments in other
countries . And to professional photographer associations in Canada, the USA
and including  Malaysia !

Unfortunately the LUG planned seminar cruise a couple of years ago with me
that many had signed on for. Had to be cancelled due to my wife's medical
situation, eventually passing away. I have been asked by several LUG members
to put together another seminar. It's under consideration.

However the Leica Seminar, "Vision Quest"  in Wisconsin is on again this
year 2013 for it's second year this fall. Obviously more information later
as it will have many improvements to challenge photographers. Stay tuned!

As I said, "Paris is a piece of cake almost for a blind man!"  Wisconsin
around Sister Bay? Man you better be as hot as a fire cracker as the real
photo challenges are there making you see more and harder to find the master
pieces!  Keep tuned.

cheers,
Dr. ted