Subject: [Leica] R3 owners.... AT
From: tedgrant at shaw.ca (tedgrant at shaw.ca)
Date: Sat, 12 Jan 2013 15:41:53 -0800

Well I'm still  99.99999% a Leica M8 user! A Canon SLR once in a while.

It never concerns me whatever it is that's smaller that some folks go on
about with the M8? Yeah I know something to do about not being full frame or
something like that? Whatever? Get over it, it doesn't matter! If you are a
photographer first and techie squirming luddite second, the diddly squat
stuff don't matter! It's your eye, your click is all that matters! Not the
camera!

But if you understand what photography is about and that 99.9999999999% of
what counts? And it's the content and you shoot images with an M8 without
any techie thoughts whatsoever you can still come out with fine high impact
images!

We see it nearly daily on the screen! So obviously the techie types and
their over concerns about a smaller whatever it is? Means diddly squat!  Oh
hell there I go, so I better head for the bunker before the incoming crap
starts arriving!  If you see great moments and you have an M in your hands,
rarely are you going to miss the moment. That is of curse it the camera is
nothing but an extension of your ability to see and instantly re-act to the
content!

I'm not talking about shooting high intensity sports where a 300 - 400mm
lenses are required or similar type assignments. But the day to day
assignments for my books on the medical profession and other documentaries
on many subjects, the M's work just fine. Although I only have one M8 body
at the moment and several lenses.   There are surely times I wish I was
shooting as I did so often in the past with three bodies and three different
lenses all hanging off my neck or shoulders.

 And in digital why you could shoot for days without having to change
anything but the small move that allows you the ultimate moment of impact
for content!

Some day ??????????

cheers,
Dr. ted