Subject: [Leica] R3 owners....
From: cedric.agie at gmail.com (Cedric Agie)
Date: Mon, 14 Jan 2013 19:42:51 +0100

The Leica (then Leitz) company soon abandonned all hope repairing the
R-3 camera. I heard from a distributor that instead they discretely
proposed a newer model as a replacement at a bargain price. I
preferred to keep my 2 Leicaflex SL wich still work perfectly. One day
they made a pilgrimage to Solms and came back like new. It's only
recently that I had the opportunity to test an R-8 wich was like new,
I bought it immediately. Another R-8 at the same symbolic price in the
same condition and a winder plus a zoom came soon afterwards. I had
some of my Leicaflex and R lenses modified thanks to a friend who was
a former Leitz technician and at a fair price.

I don't despise the M-9 because I bought one. It's a wonderful
machine.  At the contrary it gave me the occasion to buy these 2 R-8's
at a symbolic price. It's like a Stealth bomber it is solid, you can
go a long way and do a lot of things with it. You can even put a
digital back on it.

Cedric Agie
cedric.agie at gmail.com