Subject: [Leica] R3 owners....
From: bensonga at gmail.com (Gary Benson)
Date: Mon, 14 Jan 2013 13:43:35 -0900

I was wondering if Mark thought it was me??.  :-)

Seems I may have made a $500 mistake, buying this new R3 Safari Edition,
but if so, at least it wasn't a $5k mistake.  Thanks for the helpful
information about the R3 which many of you have shared.  At least I have
the R8 and R6.2 to fall back on.  I?ve really enjoyed using both of those
cameras, with some wonderful Leica glass.  I couldn?t afford anything like
these cameras for most of my adult life.  I use them often enough and feel
no guilt in owning them.  I?m certainly not into ?trading? cameras from
month to month or year to year.  Quite the opposite.  When I buy a camera
or lens, I?m likely to own and use it for many years.

This R3 is actually the first camera I?ve bought thru an eBay auction.  I
prefer purchasing used equipment from KEH.  In my experience, they have
conservative ratings, fair prices and great service.

I don?t feel a need to justify my purchases or level of photographic output
to Mark, so I won?t comment further on his point of view.  Speaking for
myself however, I try to be less judgmental of others, especially of people
I don?t know.

If anyone would like to see some of my images, I suggest you join the color
or B&W print exchanges that Jayanand and I regularly participate in.....or
if you are in the LUG 13x19 print exchange, you'll see a couple of my
prints very soon.

All the best,

Gary Benson

Eagle River, Alaska

* *

* *

*John McMaster* john at mcmaster.co.nz
<lug%40leica-users.org?Subject=Re%3A%20%5BLeica%5D%20R3%20owners....&In-Reply-To=%3C80F9701439F20347874CE5E4E03C22E9A309FA61%40WHIZZMAIL02.whizz.org%3E>
*Mon Jan 14 13:10:58 PST 2013*
 ------------------------------

Mark, read your emails rather than ranting - NOBODY ON THIS LIST
BOUGHT A GOLD R3 (recently)

12th Jan 2012 Douglas Barry said

'On the R3 front, is it an investment or more a case of buy some gold paint?

http://tinyurl.com/aktl4vw'

14th Jan 2012 Gary Benson said

'I've never had a desire to own a gold Leica, but I did just win the bid for

a R3 Safari Edition, supposedly in new condition with all original

packaging etc for approximately 1/10th the asking price for that gold

Leica.'

john

From: lug-bounces+john=mcmaster.co.nz at leica-users.org
[lug-bounces+john=mcmaster.co.nz at leica-users.org