Subject: [Leica] How long 'till you get that new M-240?
From: mark at rabinergroup.com (Mark Rabiner)
Date: Thu, 17 Jan 2013 05:15:03 -0500

I just cant afford to gamble with those high a stakes! 7 grand too much to
loose. If I had the money I'd in effect have I in escrow and wait three
months I don't need to be the first guy on my block with a new Leica digital
M! I'm looking at the long game. I see the camera being good for a good long
time. More than 5 years. Way longer then people normally have kept and used
digital bodies in the past. As I really do see the design as a culmination
of Leica digital. We really don't need more Megapixels or anything else like
low light use. This is a camera which is good for the long while.

I think in a year they'll come out with a higher rez model to compete with
an D800 time camera but by and large I think we're looking at the Leica for
the long duration. The rest of the decade.

I just want one with all the bugs worked out.

On 1/17/13 3:51 AM, "Geoff Hopkinson" <hopsternew at gmail.com> wrote:

> I'm not a dentist but I do hope to get a camera from the first batch to
> come
> here. Be not afraid Mark! Where is your sense of adventure? ;-)
>
> cheers
> Geoff
>
> On 17/01/2013, at 18:00, Mark Rabiner <mark at rabinergroup.com> wrote:
>
>> Lets not forget that we want to make sure we be carful what we wish for.
>> Traditionally In a huge amount of instances getting the very first batches
>> of a run of a camera cab be nothing short of disastrous. Its perhaps I bit
>> better to lay back and let nature take its course in a natural way. In
>> other
>> words don't rush it. There is a very good chance they'll have to make some
>> changes in the early run. Let them figure it out before you get yours.
>> It was only in the past very few decades that pros got the Nikon and Canon
>> first outs they'd sit back and wait a bit like I'm saying before rushing
>> in
>> and getting a lemon. Let the dentists get the first outs till they get it
>> right. Later that was not the case as much.
>> I'm sure the M and Monochrom are going to be huge successes. But perhaps
>> we
>> should give them a month to get it totally figured out first?
>> Maybe sign up but don't try to pull any strings.
>>

>> On 1/17/13 12:44 AM, "Geoff Hopkinson" <hopsternew at gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>>> The best plan I think is to have an established relationship with a
>>> dealer
>>> and an order in advance. As with the M9 it was inevitable that initial
>>> production would be all accounted for before it arrives at the dealers.
>>> I'm going to make a bold prediction (wish/guess!) that the first
>>> deliveries
>>> will be within 4-6 weeks.
>>>
>>> *If you want to take more interesting pictures,
>>> stand in front of more interesting stuff* -- Joe McNally
>>>
>>> Cheers
>>> Geoff