Subject: [Leica] a modest contribution to the best way to beat eBay
From: mark at rabinergroup.com (Mark Rabiner)
Date: Fri, 18 Jan 2013 03:34:03 -0500

If there's anything more useful than a 35mm lens I don't know what it is.
A 50 really is a short tele. They're very formalizing and hard to use. If
you're indoors good luck getting everything in the shot.
A 35mm lens gives you some welcome leeway in focusing so you don't miss your
focus and some useful added coverage on the sides. And gives you and extra
shutter speeds worth of hand hold ability at least. This is why most people
think of a 35 as  thier normal lens and the last one they'd ever not have
and the first one they'd have with them. And point and shoots have 35mm's on
them not 50's.
Its just you're shots are not going to look like HCB. Whose shots were very
formal looking. Flat.
A normal is a 43.3mm lens.