Subject: [Leica] Photo club in Saigon?
From: kingfisher at halcyon.com (Larry Bullis)
Date: Thu, 17 Jan 2013 22:42:29 -0800

I taught photo in a community college in Washington State. I had a guy
working for me, a student, who was Vietnamese. He had taken over his
father's photo studio there, and had been a photographer. Mostly
portraits, I think. It was very interesting.

As part of his job, he had to check out equipment. I showed him the
developing tanks. "What are these things?", he asked. Developing tanks.
Blank look. So I asked him how he developed film.

There was a long pipe with caps on both ends. With the lights out, you
take off one cap, and compress the 35mm roll slightly to get it to feed
strait into the pipe. Then you pour the developer in, and put on the
other cap. I guess what you do then is a matter of personal style.
Twirl? Shake? Invert?