Subject: [Leica] How long 'till you get that new M-240?
From: john at mcmaster.co.nz (John McMaster)
Date: Fri, 18 Jan 2013 09:11:34 +0000

Do you work for Leica? No images have been released from the M(240) although
I expect it will be wonderful, it has to oust the M9 after all ;-) Leica M
lenses are some of the few which can win in pixel wars, 36MP has been
reached and there has been talk of 50MP in FF sensors. If not pixel count
then dynamic range has to be increased, preferably in camera rather than via
software - +15 stops would be good.....

I certainly hope my M9/MM will be working in another 5 years, still beats
(for my use) the current opposition ;-)

Computers have reached the stage where a 2 year old one still has more power
than most users need (my workstation is coming up to 4 years old!) and
computer/software manufacturers are in trouble, cameras are also there for
most people - no real reason to upgrade. Once you can print your desired
print size (perhaps with a bit of cropping) at 300dpi what more do you need?
I am not expecting to produce 40"x60" prints so (thankfully) not looking at
MFD ;-)

john

Replies: Reply from red735i at verizon.net (Frank Filippone) ([Leica] How long 'till you get that new M-240?)
Message from mark at rabinergroup.com (Mark Rabiner) ([Leica] How long 'till you get that new M-240?)