Subject: [Leica] How long 'till you get that new M-240?
From: mark at rabinergroup.com (Mark Rabiner)
Date: Fri, 18 Jan 2013 03:50:56 -0500

I do see this issue from both ends. I like the idea that the newest out
Leica that are just coming out are going to have some real legs. 5 or 10
years maybe more. But I feel that now at this point they have reached a
culmination point of the digital M. how much better do they really need to
be next year?
Sensor technology advances incrementally but those increments do add up.
Its true the pic we did from our now current sensor makes an image which we
love is solid and we hang on the wall. Looks great next week year too!.
But when the level goes up on the sensors as the years go by the image on
our wall does not disentrigrate; become terrible.  Its as good as it ever
was.
Its just not as good as the ones your doing now.
With your cutting edge sensor.  Maybe just don't hang them right next to
each other and you'll do fine. And if you're shooting at the very lowest
iso's in the sunlight or flash I'm sure the image is going to have longer
legs. And if its only a few hundred pixels long on an internet gallery its
way less of an issue.