Subject: [Leica] Sigma DP1 Merrill
From: roark.paul at gmail.com (Paul Roark)
Date: Wed, 30 Jan 2013 11:28:00 -0800

A friend came by yesterday to show me his new Sigma DP1 Merrill (see
http://www.luminous-landscape.com/reviews/cameras/sigma_dp1_merrill.shtml
).  It has a 28mm equivalent lens on an APS-C Foveon sensor.  He also
brought a flash drive with an un-altered Tiff file.  Consistent with
the reviews, the pixel sharpness was just amazing.  We'll be taking
some comparison shots against the M9 with Leica 28mm soon.  If Sigma
and Foveon can get the low light speed of that Foveon chip
competitive, the Bayer pattern chips are  dead meat.

Paul
www.PaulRoark.com

Replies: Reply from mark at rabinergroup.com (Mark Rabiner) ([Leica] Sigma DP1 Merrill)
Reply from msadat at gmail.com (mehrdad) ([Leica] Sigma DP1 Merrill)