Subject: [Leica] Sigma DP1 Merrill
From: bensonga at gmail.com (Gary Benson)
Date: Wed, 30 Jan 2013 19:37:33 -0900

Richard Mann wrote:
>Let us know if you go down that route...
>Never used a Foveon, but it has big Geek appeal,>
>e.g. for landscape work.

I was hoping someone else had gone down this road already!

I don't think I've ever been a "first adopter".

Surely someone with a bag full of Leica R lenses would like
to try a Foveon DSLR and still be able to shoot with their
Leica R film cameras?

That's really the only reason I haven't converted my
Leica R lenses to a Nikon mount (ie "Leitaxed").
I can't bear to think of my R8, R6.2 and now R3 being
made lens orphans.

Gary

Replies: Reply from john at mcmaster.co.nz (John McMaster) ([Leica] Sigma DP1 Merrill)