Subject: [Leica] Canon doesn't see it quite like Mark
From: Frank.Dernie at btinternet.com (Frank Dernie)
Date: Sun, 3 Feb 2013 09:00:23 +0000

Yes Mark but you are -just- like Barnacks contemporary critics, never
accepting that a smaller format could ever produce acceptable results.

Well Leica proved them wrong, not as good as MF, 5x4 and 10x8 obviously, but
entirely useable for reasonably sized prints and much more convenient for
use hand held, traveling, climbing etc..
Today few people argue that MF digital sensors don't produce better results
(at least in bright light), but superb and totally acceptable results in
prints much bigger than Barnack would ever have believed possible are being
made in their billions by people using the smaller sensors nowadays.
Just like 35mm film displaced 120.
Get used to it, you are a dinosaur - just like all Barnack's critics back in
the 1920s.
FD