Subject: [Leica] Leica M Prototype 1.5x Extender
From: red735i at verizon.net (Frank Filippone)
Date: Mon, 04 Feb 2013 11:43:02 -0800

OK.. the Komura extender I have is just plain off.  The focus linkage is
more than slightly wrong. it focuses too closely.  I may take it apart to
fix it, but in the meantime, I tracked down this piece of trivia..

ELCAN produced a prototype 1.5x Tele-Converter for the M.  Apparently there
were less than a dozen prototypes made.

Does anyone have a copy of

Prototype Leica. Items from the Factory Museum and other important pieces
from the collection of Surat Osathanugrah. Lars Netopil. 488 pages,
215x310mm, 400 colour pictures. Text in English and German, hardback with
slip case

The book was published by Leica Historica..

I would like to hear what that book has to say about this rare piece..

Frank Filippone

Red735i at verizon.net

Replies: Reply from eric.calderwood at btinternet.com (Eric Calderwood) ([Leica] Leica M Prototype 1.5x Extender)
Reply from Frank.Dernie at btinternet.com (Frank Dernie) ([Leica] Leica M Prototype 1.5x Extender)