Subject: [Leica] M9 & 64gb SD problem
From: cedric.agie at gmail.com (Cedric Agie)
Date: Wed, 6 Feb 2013 18:17:46 +0100
References: <CAFuU78edJAh0_boXZ+mRJC4AewX-Vni-Vg58t=bNNOxYfskSNQ@mail.gmail.com> <80F9701439F20347874CE5E4E03C22E9AD2E4BEC@WhizzMAIL01.whizz.org> <CA+yJO1CKjOtTvKLc48gwdynwq26R3MS_keV8xWW1irH6VbYbLg@mail.gmail.com> <CAFuU78fCTos0LPkLvON3qRjFE888FdCs1uwKNwp0rUf2qH=6Rw@mail.gmail.com> <80F9701439F20347874CE5E4E03C22E9AD2E5D31@WhizzMAIL01.whizz.org> <C4C700C4786446F0AF4EB72A46068D34@billHP> <CA+yJO1ArVofKnUSeDUEgoKbuHWnige=hup2wcKG_9yNLD=77fg@mail.gmail.com>

Carefully read and follow the advises (types & brands mentionned etc)
given in the manual coming with your camera.
In any case format the card inside that M-9.

Advise given discreetly by some Leica folks;
Do format it again from time to time. Always have an empty formatted
card with you
Be patient with your camera when doing so or when taking pictures!
If you use your card in another or non Leica camera or copy the contents
taking
the card outside that camera you 'll be looking for trouble.
So called special speed cards will give you problems and are not even
so speedy at all.

If your camera stops working suddenly;
Take your time, keep cool. Switch off,  take the battery and card out.
Wait a minute or so. Put another card and the battery again in the camera.
Again proceed slowly. In some cases your data might apparently be lost
when used again in the camera, but not always in a computer.
In any case time to reformat that card. Keep a record of each card,
some might have a problem.

Good luck and kind regards.

Cedric