Subject: [Leica] Archive of the Week #34 - Thanks!
From: leica at jayburleson.com (Jay Burleson)
Date: Mon, 11 Feb 2013 14:03:08 -0800

Thank you Ted, Ric, Montie, & Curt.

It was an amazing device.
However, this was back in 1996 and I only had use of it for an hour.
Never got a picture of it.
What my acquaintance did was build a simple box, with the back secured
by sliding clamps (it functioned as a dust protector when a holder
wasn't inserted).
You set a 4 x 5 film holder in place, and secured the back over it.
It was built to give an infinity focus for the lens, and then you used
f-stops to pull in some of the foreground.
He also had some spacers / extensions that moved the lens out to change
to focus point closer.
He topped it off with a wire framing device from an old Graflex, which
hinged down when not in use.

It was definitely cool, and I wish I could have convinced him to sell it
to me.
It did convince me to make a 4 x 5 wooden pinhole camera.
I'll try to round up some photos that I did with that.

Jay

--
Jay,

Jay Burleson Gallery <http://jayburleson.com/leica/gallery/index.php/>
"If you want to be a better photographer,
stand in front of more interesting stuff."
/Jim Richardson/

Message from tedgrant at shaw.ca (tedgrant at shaw.ca) ([Leica] Archive of the Week #34)