Subject: [Leica] IMG: Proud Young Father
From: tedgrant at shaw.ca (tedgrant at shaw.ca)
Date: Mon, 25 Feb 2013 09:45:07 -0800

Tina Manley ASKED?

> Bokeh on Noctilux annoying on this one, too?  Don't think I can crop it
> out.
>
> http://www.pbase.com/tinamanley/image/148948221>

TINA MY DEAR LADY,
BOKEH? If I could see it I might have a comment about it! I don't see it?
Therefore I do have a comment! :-)

What I see is a beautiful baby son and proud father. A quiet moment.

There isn't any bokeh simply because the "CONTENT IS SO STRONG WHAT THE HELL
IS THE POINT OF LOOKING AT THE BACKGROUND?"

Tina if unfortunately you see this affliction in one of your photographs and
you might feel strongly about it?   "do not point it out to anyone!"

What they don't really know anything about? Nor is smacking the viewer in
the face off the screen, isn't going to hurt them! Besides they don't need
to be made aware this affliction is nothing more than softly out of focus
background due to a certain lens of some kind! :-) :-)

Besides there are some here who are so paranoid over the OOF background you
can almost hear them peeing their pants over the situation! Best advice for
them? SELL THE LENS AND GET ONE THAT DOESN'T DO IT!

You see that's called "KISS" problem solving! That is if one has a problem
with an OOF background. ERGO: Bokeh!

I never knew there was an affliction called bokeh I suppose for 50 or more
years, until I joined the LUG. At first I thought they, "The bokehittes"
were talking about a Japanese dinner I hadn't enjoyed?

Finally someone pointed it out in what I always thought was one of my long
time neat photos and I near peed myself laughing at the idiocy of what it
was. NOTHING MORE THAN AN OUT OF FOCUS BACKGROUND! Big deal get over it! :-)
It can be an absolutely magical effect!

cheers,
Dr. ted :-)

Replies: Reply from cedric.agie at gmail.com (Cedric Agie) ([Leica] IMG: Proud Young Father)