Subject: [Leica] Misrepresentation
From: images at comporium.net (Tina Manley)
Date: Mon, 25 Feb 2013 18:26:58 -0500

I really liked this comment and totally agree:

"What we are discussing here is a staged photo, shot miles from the area
the photographer was documenting, featuring someone who really does not
appear to have any legitimate relationship with the photographer's story,
and apparently plagiarized caption material.

So imagine for a moment that the facts are the same, but the photographer
was a staffer at the Rochester paper - not a member of Magnum, the Vatican
of documentary photography, and the contest in question was a regional AP
competition of some sort. Does anyone other than Paolo Pellegrin have any
doubt what would happen, both in terms of the contest, and the
photographer's employment?"

Tina